Payukotayno: James & Hudson Bay Family Services is mandated under the Child and Family Services Act to provide the following voluntary and involuntary services:
- to investigate all reports or evidence of the possible abuse or neglect of children who are under the age of sixteen.
- to ensure the safety of children who are under the age of sixteen, who are in need of protection.
- to provide guidance, counselling and other services to families for protecting children or for the prevention of circumstances requiring the protection of children.
- to provide care for children assigned or committed to its care under the Act.
- to supervise children under our care.
- to provide adoption services.